The Carolyn J. Ochs Memorial Client Assistance Fund
The South Jersey Breast Cancer Coalition established the CJO Memorial Client Assistance Fund in 2006. The funds assist people with financial needs that arise from the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
The fund assist with “essential bills” such as rent or mortgage, utility bills and transportation costs associated with treatment. If does not assist with medical bills or treatment related medical expenses.
Since its inception over $100,000.00 has been donated to grantees.
The SJBCC is a 501c3 organization with 100% of your donation going to clients. No one, including the founders, President, Treasurer, Secretary and board members receive any type of salary. SJBCC is 100% volunteer based organization.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION:
- Verification of illness, letter from doctor or social worker, this fund is breast cancer specific
- Verification of NJ residency
- Copies of bills to be considered
- Letter stating we can advocate of your behalf (Third party authorization form)
- Client has proof of trying other avenues of support such as Board of Social Services or other charitable organiza-tions
- NO FUNDS WILL BE GIVEN DIRECTLY TO CLIENT
The South Jersey Breast Cancer Coalition has established an Emergency Client Assistance Fund to help people who have financial need associated with or arising from the diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer. Actual treatment costs, co-pays or insurance premiums are excluded from the fund. The type of bills to be considered are “essential bills” such as rent or mortgage and utility bills. An Emergency Fund Board will review each request and decisions will be made on a case by case basis according to the availability of the funds and the needs of the applicant. There may be a 6 month waiting list for the funds at any given time. All information is kept confidential . New Jersey law prohibits any form of discrimination based on age, gender or ethnicity.