Save South Jersey Breast Cancer Coalition
How You Can Help Save SJBCC
Donate online at Paypal by clicking the button below.
Purchase our new Save SJBCC t-shirt
100% cotton preshrunk
Mens-1 small; 1- 3 extra large; Ladies- 1 small; 2-extra large
$16 pickup – $20 mail delivery
Visit participating local businesses and make a purchase. 2% of each sale will go to SJBCC
The South Jersey Breast Cancer Coalition is a non-profit organization, formed in 1996 by a group of survivors concerned with the enormous medical, financial, and social consequences of breast cancer whose mission is to raise breast cancer awareness through education, advocacy, and action to change public policy. The SJBCC is aggressively for new legislation to help and protect those afflicted with breast cancer.
The SJBCC Plan of Action:
- Provide information and education to individuals.
- Increase public awareness through outreach efforts.
- Improve access to high-quality breast cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment, care, and clinical trials.
- Increase the involvement and influence of those living with breast cancer in all aspects of clinical trial design.
The Carolyn J. Ochs Memorial Fund
The SJBCC has also established a client assistance fund in 2005, the Carolyn J. Ochs Assistance Fund. The fund assists people with financial needs that arise from their breast cancer diagnosis. The fund assists with financial needs such as daycare for children while receiving treatment, gas cards for transportation to treatments, and utility bills. The Fund does not assist with costs outside treatment or medications. Since its inception over $195,000.00 has been donated to grantees. Please call our office at 856-768-9028 if you are in need and we will provide a complete list of criteria. To read our loving tribute to Carolyn, please click here.
On March 1, 2014, a breast cancer awareness section was added to the Marie Fleche Memorial Library. The section was dedicated in memory of a board member of the SJBCC, Kim Casamassima. Kim lost her relentless battle with stage 4 breast cancer on July 18, 2013. Kim was 49 years young. She devoted herself to researching the incurable disease by attending conferences, visiting doctors across the country, and doing volunteer work. She shared her knowledge and experiences of living with metastatic disease with many survivors and organizations. The books donated to the library were Kim’s & the SJBCC collection of books relating to breast cancer. The library is located at 49 South White Horse Pike Berlin, NJ 08009.
- New Jersey ranks 8th in the nation for new cases of breast cancer and 3rd in the nation for deaths from breast cancer.
- There are 298,000 men and women living in NJ with breast cancer.
- Highest mortality rates remain in the African American population.
- To see more current statistics on Female Breast Cancer in NJ please click here.
SJBCC Meetings are held on the 4th Monday of each month at Virtua Voorhees, Bowman Drive, Voorhees, NJ 08043 in Conference Room Garden C at 7pm. There will be no meetings during the months of May and December.
All members are welcome. Please join us and see how you can make a difference.