Successful Bills Passed in Congress
- Department of Defense (DoD) Breast Cancer Research Program- competitive granting system through the DoD yearly allocations
- Medicare Demonstration Program –passed 2004 Oral anti-cancer drugs covered by insurance companies
- Breast and Cervical Treatment Act- passed 2001- allows Low-income, uninsured and under-insured women coverage for treatment once diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer. (In NJ- law is NJCEED – New Jersey Education and Early Detection Program)
- Medicare Clinical Trial coverage-passed 2000 established a guarantee that routine care costs are covered by insurance when they enroll in a clinical trial.
- Drive-by Mastectomy Law- (NJ)established that women be entitled to a 2 night stay in the hospital post mastectomy.
Efforts Endorsed by the SJBCC
- Guaranteed Access to quality healthcare regardless of their ability to pay.
- Breast Cancer and the Environment which would provide grants to multi-disciplinary research centers to study the possible link between the environment, exposures and breast cancer.
- Fair Access to Clinical trials which would require clinical not only to be registered but also disseminate the outcome of a clinical trial.
- The Ultimate Drive BMW Hometown Heroes-2000
- State of NJ Department of Community Affairs: Wynona M Lipman Award March 31,2005
- Loyal Heart Award- 2006, 2007
- Breast Cancer Legislative Guide –endorsed by American Cancer Society-written by Loretta Mikulski
Successful Breast Cancer Programs and Campaigns
- Walks-Making Strides, Race for the Cure, Komen 3 day, Making a Difference
- Our Environment, Our Future – 1999
- My Own Personal Journey Lecture-LuAnn Cahn – 2000
- A Night with Peggy Fleming-Lecture – 2001
- Panera’s Pink Ribbon Day – 2005
- Annie Sez-Breast Cancer Awareness Day – 2005
- Strike Out Breast Cancer Bowl-A-Thon
- Berlin Day Parade honoring those who passed from cancer – 2006
- Hope for Hearing – 2006-assisted in hearing aids for someone deaf after treatment
- Wine tasting Breast Cancer Awareness – 2007
- Berlin Community School Breast Cancer Awareness – 2009
- Dance for the Cure 2008, 2009, 2010
- Mother-Daughter Breakfast and Tea Breast Cancer Awareness Day – 2011
- Pink Porches Month-October honoring those who are living and passed from breast cancer 2011 – 2016
- Washington Twp St.Augustine Prep School Night at the Ballgame Breast Cancer Awareness – 2011
- Ramblewood County Club Breast Cancer Day – 2012
- Pamper Yourself Pink –True Salon – 2012
- Pep Boys Breast Cancer Awareness Car Show – 2013
- Prison Breast Cancer Awareness – 2014 – incarcerated women learn about breast health – 2014,2015
- Post Office Breast Cancer Awareness Day – 2014
- Hamilton Hilton Gardens Pink Games – 2014
- Joy of Living Yoga – 2014 – 2016
- Bunco for Breast Cancer – 2014 – 2015
- Pink Sugar Cocktail Party – 2013 – 2015
- Meatball Mania – 2014, 2015, 2016
- Hope Starts Here – Connor, Stron & Buckelew Insurance – 2015
- Survivors Always in Style Fashion Show – 2016 – 2017
- Get Your Pink On! Bow Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness – 2017 – Click Here for more Info!